Thursday, February 28, 2008

Fashion Trends For The Generations On The Change

A few times a year, there seems to be a shift in fashions. I really don’t know much about each trend, but I see what is going on when I look at what everyone else is wearing. You never know what to buy because the trends go so quickly. Quite often you can look back at the things you wore when you were young and wonder what you were thinking. This happens often, and it makes me want to buck the trends and dress the way I want to.

I always wonder who decides what the fashion trends will be for that year or that season. Is it some overpaid fashion guy in Paris? Why do we allow that person to tell us what will be in that year? I have watched friends cringe when looking through the new fashion trends, yet they go out and buy the stuff anyway. I’m sorry, but there is no way I’m wearing tapered leg jeans again. It may be an upcoming fashion trend but I’m not going to participate, and I am indeed going to laugh in my head at those that do. They went out of style for a reason and they should be allowed to rest in peace.

As far as I’m concerned, the latest fashion trends show me how little imagination fashion designers can have. I know it’s hard to come up with something new, but I hardly think recycling the same looks is something that should be considered genius. Why do we have to go back and revisit a decade that we gladly left behind? Come up with something new if you really want to start fashion trends that may stick around for more than five minutes.

The best way to find fashion trends is to ignore what people are wearing and buy what you think you want. Get stuff that looks good on you and your body type. I have seen far too many girls in low-rise jeans and half shirts that should never have even considered wearing them. It’s not fashion if you look ridiculous. Come up with your own fashion trends. This way you will know you look good, and you know that you are truly expressing yourself. There is nothing wrong with wearing the latest fashions as long as you truly feel good in them, and aren’t doing it just because everyone else is doing it. I don’t know about you, but for me, being everyone else is not acceptable. There is only one me and I am proud to be who I am, fashion trends be darned.